As part of my love of cooking and looking for healthy recipes, I thought that I would introduce TUESDAY TRY DAY! Every Tuesday I will try a new recipe I find online. I found a recipe for SWEET POTATO PIZZA CRUST from ifoodreal. I adapted it to suit me and… it turned out a little differently.
Firstly, when I sliced the sweet potato, the recipe said to leave the skin on but it turned into looking like orange tree bark. They weren’t even slices and they definitely didn’t over lap. Need a mandolin!
Secondly… it just turned out into roasted veges with some tomato paste on top. I prefer the sweet potato base I used to cook from POPSUGAR however. It was really tasty though!
2 large sweet potatoes
Half head of broccoli
Half a brown onion
Handful of button mushrooms
Half a packet of Qourn (I’m not eating meat at the moment and I LOVE Quorn- but you can use turkey mince!)
1 red capsicum
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 small tin of sweetcorn
(Put cheese on top if you wish and you can substitute any or all of these!)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Slice the sweet potatoes length ways and lay them on the tray. Try to over lap them if you can.
- Spray the sweet potato with oil.
- Place the tray in the oven (in the original recipe, it says to place everything on top then place in the oven. However, I know my sweet potato and it takes forever to cook).
- Cut up all the vegetables up while the sweet potato cooks.
- Once you’ve finished, take the ‘pizza base’ out, put the tomato paste on and pile the vegetables on top.
- Cook for about 20 minutes and turn the tray around.
- Put the Quorn on top and place back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Check on it. If cooked, you’re sweet (get it?) to place it on a plate! Serve immediately!